East Anglia squash teams battling it out at the top
East Anglia II kept up the pressure on their first team at the top of the Premier Division with a convincing 16-8 victory away to Potters.
For Potters, David Hall beat Mark Rolfe 3-1 and Rob Hambrook had an excellent 14-12 13-15 13-9 13-11 victory over former county champion David Youngs in the first string match.
However, the East Anglia side made sure of taking the bonus points as both Steve Mooney and Ian Douglass won their matches 3-1 against Eric Plane and Paul Field, respectively, while Ashley Briggs beat Archie Swann in straight games.
Sportspark maintained their unbeaten record in Division One, and look virtually certain of being promoted as champions, as they won 18-5 at North Walsham. Matt Purling did win the fifth string match for Walsham, beating Andy Weeks 3-1, but Eddie Webber and Richard Fiske both won 3-1 for Sportspark while Joe Plumridge and Andrew Trim won in straight games.
East Anglia III are well placed to take one of the promotion play-off places as they beat one of their closest rivals, Barnham Broom II, 18-6. Anthony Raywood won his match 3-0, Matt Johnson and Nick Ross both won 3-1 while Hadleigh Farrer won the first string match against Stuart Sutton 3-2. Adie Martin, who beat the Norfolk ladies champion Suzanne Scarlett 3-1, was Barnham's only winner. North Norfolk are also likely to feature in the promotion shake-up after beating bottom side Cromer 20-2. Kevin Blake, Jason Gollaglee and captain Tim Perry all won their matches in straight games while Devendra Mahatme and Simon Watson both won 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, Bannatyne's II beat Potters II 14-7 and moved to within seven points of leaders Broadland II.
Fakenham are still unbeaten in Division Three and they recorded a maximum against Oasis.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid