Dragons put first defeat of season behind them
WOMEN'S EAST LEAGUE: After suffering their first Division 1N defeat against Cambridge University last week, Norwich Dragons showed great spirit to beat Pelicans 3-0 in a match which they dominated from the start.
Soon after Dragons converted one of their many short corners, Marie James scoring from the top of the D.
Dragons started the second half in the best possible way, by scoring within the first minute, player of the match Shreeve beating many players before passing to Natalie Beal, who turned and scored.
Performances of note from Debby Smith in midfield and Rowan Yorke-Smith in defence capped a great team performance by Dragons.
Watton also recorded their third win in four games, romping home 5-0 at Ipswich III, while Harleston Magpies II were beaten 5-0 at home by early pacesetters Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City made it three wins out of four in Division 2NE when they recorded a 1-0 success over near-neighbours Sprowston, who made them fight every inch of the way for the points.
City dominated early on and relentless pressure was rewarded with a goal from Catherine Cooke. But Sprowston came back hard, winning a string of short corners in the first half which they could not convert.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
The second half saw City again regain the upper hand, and despite coming close, the home side could not stretch their lead. Player of the match for City was Hannah Phillips.
Norwich Dragons II are also going well, their latest win being by a margin of 3-1 against Haverhill.
Dragons started brightly and, following a slick move, Annika Richardson converted with a reverse stick sweep. The interchanges between the Dragons players, and in particular Becs Dungay and player of the match Charlie Hemmant, left Haverhill chasing shadows.
Dragons quickly pressed home their advantage when Heidi Cone scored the second but Haverhill then pulled one back before the interval.
In the second half Dragons had long periods of pressure, with Heidi Acteson completing their scoring.
Leading the way in this section, after picking up 10 points from a possible 12, are Yarmouth and Dereham II, who both recorded narrow away wins at the weekend.
Yarmouth won 2-1 at Old Buckenham while Dereham II returned from Christchurch with a 1-0 success.