Dragons pay the price for sloppy start
EAST WOMEN'S LEAGUE: A sluggish start proved costly for Norwich Dragons as they were beaten 3-2 at St Ives in Division 1N.
The visitors found themselves 2-0 down before Clare Baker hauled them back into the game with a close range finish.
St Ives increased their lead, but with 10 minutes remaining Laura Shreeve crossed for Hannah Hardy to set up a tense finish. The Dragons fought hard for an equaliser but St Ives hung on.
Norwich City are still awaiting their first points of the campaign after a 5-3 defeat to Pelicans.
Pelicans took the lead when a shot from wide took a deflection off Leah Mickleborough's stick into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was soon doubled and only the efforts of City keeper Nat Scurll prevented further damage.
Emily Anthony pulled one back with a penalty stroke after Amy Campbell's shot was stopped by a foot on the line. Another penalty stroke in the second half was converted by Anthony to level matters and the same player then put City ahead with a scorching short corner strike.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Pelicans responded strongly and forced an equaliser before adding two more goals to snatch the points.
In Division 2NE, Sprowston maintained their perfect start to the season with a 4-2 win against Old Buckenham.
Amy Butler finished from a short corner to put Sprowston ahead, but Bucks fought back to score twice.
Sprowston took control in the second half and Butler rounded the keeper to net her second, before sweeper Sarah Miller's strong run was ended by a foul and Carolyn Fildes put Sprowston ahead from the penalty stroke.
In the final minutes Fong Chung tucked away a corner to complete Sprowston's victory.
Broadland suffered their second consecutive defeat as they were beaten 2-1 at Ipswich & East Suffolk.
The hosts took the lead but Broadland hit back immediately when Kari O'Brien jinked past a defender at a penalty corner and saw her shot deflected in. Ipswich netted the winner when Broadland's Julia Mills deflected a shot past stand-in keeper Danni Parke.
Norwich Dragons II recorded their first win of the season with a 3-0 victory against Christchurch.
Dragons went ahead in the first half before strikes from Debs Smith and Saskia Delacave after the break ensured the points.