Dragons maintain their excellent start
WOMEN'S EAST LEAGUE: Norwich Dragons' excellent start to the season in Division 1N continued as they beat Watton Ladies 7-1 for their second comprehensive win.
Goals came from Tash Blyth, Natalie Beal – with a strike from the top of the D – and player of the match Laura Shreeve.
Dragons maintained the pressure throughout the second half, earning two flicks, both converted convincingly by Marie James, who completed her hat-trick with a well worked short corner. Claire Baker scored the seventh to complete an excellent day for the Dragons:
Harleston Magpies II also have maximum points after beating Pelicans 2-0.
Norwich City are also going great guns in Division 2NE, beating Norwich Dragons II 7-2 to maintain their perfect start.
The approach was to play an attacking formation, taking the game to the opposition, and it was executed effectively, with the team scoring five goals in the first half hour. At half-time the score was 6-2 and the game was all but dead.
Dragons regained some composure in the second half but City had control of the game and added a seventh goal late in the game.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
Sarah Shelley bagged a hat-trick and duly earned player of the match, while Fongy Chung, Cath Cookson, Esme Barber and Deb Painter also got on the scoresheet.
Dereham II and Old Buckenham also maintained their 100pc records in Division 2NE with 5-1 wins over newly promoted Loddon and UEA respectively.
City travelled to Premier Division Wapping the following day for a National Cup encounter and, with only 11 players, produced an excellent performance before going down 1-0 to a first half short corner.