Dragons are defeated on home debut
EAST WOMEN'S LEAGUE: Norwich Dragons could not mark their first match at their new home ground at the Hewett School with victory as they were beaten 6-2 by Carlton Park in Division 1N.
The Dragons started slowly and fell 2-0 behind, before Hannah Hardy scored from a short corner. The visitors immediately restored their two-goal cushion and stretched their lead further, with Hannah Rooney netting a late second for the Dragons.
Newly-promoted Norwich City suffered a 2-0 defeat at Watton in Division 1N.
Leigh-Ann Worrall twice fired wide for City in the first half, before Watton converted a short corner early in the second period, quickly followed by a second goal.
Worrall went close to pulling one back and City enjoyed several spells of pressure, but Watton emerged triumphant.
You may also want to watch:
In 2NE, Broadland suffered a 3-1 home defeat against Ipswich III.
After a goalless first half, Ipswich took the lead and doubled their advantage following a rebound from a penalty corner.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Carre Mills drilled an unstoppable shot into the net to halve the deficit and as Broadland pushed for an equaliser, they conceded a third from a penalty corner.