Double header of action at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
There is another big weekend of racing coming up over the Bank Holiday weekend at King's Lynn with two major meetings.
Racing on Saturday (5.30pm) sees the 2L Stock Car English Championship taking place alongside the F1 Stock Cars in a World Qualifier with Bangers taking centre stage on Monday with the Micro Bangers, Banger Battle of the Sexes and Junior Bangers.
Norfolk F1 Superstar Matt Newson will enter his important home World Qualifier brimming full of confidence after winning the Sheffield World Qualifier last Sunday. Newson's new car has been delayed and he was out in the Mark Sargeant car which he is expected to use this Saturday.
The F1 entry for Saturday is full of quality. National Points leader Stuart Smith Jnr (Rochdale) will be making his first Lynn appearance of the season and he will be joined by current world champion Frankie Wainman Jnr (Keighley).
For many, though, the 2L Stock Cars will be the reason to come to King's Lynn on Saturday as the English Championship is contested. Sid Madgwick (Ely) defends his title. Lynn's Lee Sampson has made his home circuit a happy hunting ground as far as championship success goes over the past few seasons, having won both the National and British title. He will be looking for success this Saturday as will brother Jamie who has been concentrating on hard-surfaced tracks in recent times but made his first Lynn appearance in just over a year last time out.
You may also want to watch:
F2 Heritage cars will also be in action on Saturday as they make their first ever King's Lynn appearance. This formula is a throwback to the old days with the cars built on rolling shells of 1930s, 40s and 50 cars and built to the regulations of the Junior Stock Cars which raced in the 1960s – a real throwback to yesteryear for the nostalgic fan.
There are a whole host of local drivers booked for action in the near 100 car Micro Banger entry including Terry, Jack and Ricky Garrod, Bruno Norman (All Swaffham), Callum Gill, Ross Klyn, Andy Frost, Kieran Bowman, Karl Thorpe, Alan Jackson, Luke Childerhouse, Josh and Ben Green, Darren Fendley (All Lynn) and Sam Coote (Dersingham).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed