Dominant success for Pallett
Thetford's Geoff Pallett won the inaugural Street Stocks Gold Roof Final championship at Swaffham Raceway last Sunday.
Pallett started in pole position after winning the qualifying points and despite some close attention early on from Bury St Edmunds' Max Stoodley he never looked in trouble throughout the 20-lap race. Stoodley held on for second position, with King's Lynn's Damien Choppen completing the top three.
The formula had three other races which were won by Ady Groom (Stowbridge), Lee Petherick (Norwich) and King's Lynn's Justin Nicholls.
The youngsters in the junior bangers contested the last qualifying round for their own gold roof final and although Great Yarmouth's Jamie Plane had already won the points, there was still plenty to battle for further down the field.
Kieran Norton (Norwich) and Lewis Canham (Ipswich) won the heats before Plane won the final ahead of Ryan Leeks and Daniel Weavers.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn's John Tubby enjoyed a heat and final double victory in the mondeo rods. Mark Sewell (Crimplesham) won the other heat while Heacham's Daniel Eve and Aylsham's Leslie Clarke completed the top three in the final. Gavin Nicholls (Norwich) retained his big lead in the track points with Eve overtaking Swaffham's Liam Easter for second place.
Maxine Denby (Norwich) won both heats in the ladies bangers but had to settle for second place in the final behind points leader Carol Reynolds (Norwich).
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Completing another packed programme were the bangers.
Joe Gladden (Norwich) held off Jay Neale (North Walsham) for victory in the first heat, before Neale won the second. Sonny Sherwood (Essex) won the final ahead of Sutton's Daniel Bullock and Neale.
Racing returns at Swaffham on Saturday evening (6.30pm, �10 adults, �5 concessions).