Do you agree with reporter Gavin Caney’s Elite League speedway predictions?
- Credit: IAN BURT
The Eastern Daily Press' speedway columnist looked into his crystal ball on Saturday – but do you see the same picture?
Gavin Caney predicted how he thinks the Elite League will finish at the end of the regular 2014 season in our eight-page guide to the King's Lynn Stars' forthcoming season.
The 26-year-old believes Coventry Bees will completely turn their fortunes around after a miserable term which saw them finish rock bottom of speedway's top flight. And our Lynn-based reporter feels they will be joined in the end-of-season play-offs by Belle Vue Aces, Lynn and 2013 Grand Final champions, Poole Pirates.
However, do you see it panning out differently? Read Caney's predictions below (click here to see other team line-ups and bookies' odd) and get in touch to tell him your 1-10, your thoughts on his predictions, views on our supplement, or any thoughts you'd like to discuss about the two-wheel sport's return.
* You can get in touch with our sports reporter by commenting on this story, e-mailing him at email@example.com or contacting him on Twitter via @GavinCaney. Alternatively, write to the EDP, St Ann's House, St Ann's Street, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1LT
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
9 Belle Vue *
*Belle Vue deducted three points after a Speedway Control Bureau hearing
Caney's 2014 predictions
2 Belle Vue
1 - Niels-Kristian Iversen
2 - Nicklas Porsing
3 - Rory Schlein
4 - Robert Lambert
5 - Kenneth Bjerre
6 - Lewis Rose
7 - Lewis Kerr
Bookies' odds: 9/4
*Coming soon: Two-part West Norfolk Sports Podcast special preview to King's Lynn Stars season (www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp)