Diss Town appoint Jason Cook as new manager
- Credit: Archant
Jason Cook has been tasked with dragging Diss Town out of a summer predicament.
The Tangerines have named Cook as their new manager, replacing Paul Bugg – who took the job in May but resigned after just 42 days in charge.
Bugg had replaced Ross Potter whose departure to Wroxham saw a number of players take the same route.
Justin King has been named as Cook's assistant at the Thurlow Nunn League First Division club.
Both were at Suffolk & Ipswich League side Haughley United – they finished 10th in the Senior Division last season.
You may also want to watch:
Diss Town chairman Dickie Upson said: 'We are delighted to welcome Jason and Justin to Brewers Green Lane.
'The club has been through a difficult period recently but we are confident that with these appointments we can go into the new season with optimism.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
'On behalf of everyone at the club I'd like to wish Jason and Justin the very best for the season ahead.'