Diss and Cromer’s Norfolk Senior Cup replay postponed for a third time
Tuesday night's rearranged Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-final replay has been postponed due to the freezing conditions.
Having played out a goalless draw in the original tie at Brewers Green Lane, the state of the Crabs' playing surface saw rescheduled replay dates for last Tuesday night and again at the weekend called off – with Saturday's game postponed barely 30 minutes before kick-off.
And while Brewers Green Lane was to be the venue for Tuesday night's third attempt, Monday night's snow saw that called off on Tuesday morning.
Diss boss Richard Daniels had already suggested the football authorities should have been more patient with getting a result from the tie, rather than taking away Cromer's home advantage for the replay.
And following the latest postponement, Daniels hopes Norfolk FA will do just that.
You may also want to watch:
'Diss vs Cromer OFF tonight, watch this space with the FA, let's hope they leave it for a while now, no rush, no panic,' said Daniels on Twitter.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups