Developing cricketers is primary Breckland target
Primary school pupils in Breckland are benefiting from a coaching initiative to develop their cricketing skills.
The Norfolk Cricket Board's Breckland Primary Schools project will see schools in the area offered eight hours of cricket coaching each, with five qualified coaches involved in the scheme.
This will culminate in a Kwik Cricket festival at Garboldisham on Tuesday, July 12, with the project funded by Breckland Council, the Norfolk Cricket Board, the West Norwich & Dereham Schools Sports Partnership and the Breckland Schools Sports Partnership.
The Norfolk Cricket Board's cricket development officer Kevin Denmark said: 'We are grateful for the support we have received from Stefan Clifford, sports development officer at Breckland Council for this important project. We hope participation will continue to grow and that we can continue the project in years to come.'
Breckland Council leader William Nunn said: 'We are very proud of the Breckland Cricket Festival which is now in its second year and growing.
You may also want to watch:
'Some 1,500 participants across eight schools were engaged on the programme last year and this year we are upping that to 15 schools.
'Working with the Norfolk Cricket Board the initiative has really helped provide quality cricket coaching to young people and strengthen the relationships between schools and sports clubs.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
Any other schools in the area wishing to take part in the festival should contact Kevin Denmark on 07876 561388.