Dereham Town made to work hard for Ryman North victory at Tilbury
- Credit: Neil Smith
A goal in each half ensured that Dereham got back to winning ways after their 3-0 defeat at Cheshunt at the weekend.
They took an early fortuitous lead when home defender Courtney McLean could only divert a pass from Luke Tuttle into his own net after keeper Ricky Milard's poor clearance in the sixth minute.
Tilbury missed a good chance when striker De'Juane Taylor-Crossdsle latched onto some slack defending before firing into the side netting when well placed.
Ryan Hawkins fizzed an effort inches over the bar from just inside the box and the Magpies enjoyed a slender lead after an uneventful first half.
Hawkins came close again just after the break curling a right footer around the post after receiving Tuttle's measured pass.
Toby Hilliard came on and immediately was involved in a nasty clash of heads with Tilbury's Jake Pooley. Both players had to leave the field and as play recommenced after a lengthy delay Hawkins went close three times before the win was sealed in the 88th minute, when Louis Mason found Hawkins, who rolled the ball towards Tuttle, who side-footed home.
Tilbury: R Milard, J Obersteller, E Johnson, C McLean, J Nightingill, J Christou, F Babloa. J Carlise, D Taylor-Crossdsle, J May, R Flack. Subs: J Pooley, T Hubbard, B Vaughan, B Webb, D Aldwinckle.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
Dereham: A Wilton, G Watts-sturrock, F Blake-Tracey, L Sturman, C Greenslade, J Eastoe-Smith, A Kay, L Mason, C Bussens, LTuttle, R Hawkins. Subs: M Howard, T Hilliard, L Upton.
Referee: Mr B Gill