Dereham Town continue fine run of form
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Dereham Town extended their winning run with an excellent team display at Park View Road.
Matty Henman's side made a confident start but were let down by their final ball in the opening exchanges. After Kyle Downes was cautioned Ryan Hawkins had the game's first attempt in the 15th minute with a 25-yard effort sailing over the bar.
Play was camped in the Kent side's half and home keeper Ashley Bourne parried Beaumont's 20-yard drive to safety. Erith had to clear a Downes header from their goal-line just before the break as the half finished goalless.
Shortly after the restart Downes headed a Smith corner against the home crossbar with Daniel Morphew unable to net the rebound when well placed.
In the 50th minute Beaumont fired wide following another corner from the right before hitting a powerful right-footer that swerved inches wide of the target.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham were piling on the pressure and home defender Jordan Clark was forced to head a Beaumont cross off the line. Beaumont then rattled the home post before the Magpies were awarded a penalty for handball. Aaron Kay confidently beat keeper Bourne from the spot to give his side a 56th-minute lead. Two minutes later Tuttle passed to substitute Shaun Bammant and he drilled home Dereham's second from 15 yards.
The Magpies got their third in the 75th minute when after a goalmouth melee the ball fell to Adam Smith on the right who curled a left-foot drive inside Bourne's far post to seal another fine away performance.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Erith & Belvedere: A Bourne, D Dolan, G Savage, T Christian-Law, J Clark, G Benner, J Lawrence, T Taylor, W Matta, M Cassius, R Flack.
Subs: G Hinds-Cadette, J Goulding, M Varli, M Alebiosu, J Miller.
Dereham: A Wilton, O Willis, R Hawkins, A Kay, M Sommerfield, D Morphew, C Bussens, A Smith, K Downes, L Tuttle, D Beaumont.
Subs: S Bammant, D Barrett, N Hook, N Simmons.