Dereham Town boss wants increased concentrate levels for visit of Thurrock
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town will be looking to open their 2015 account when they welcome Thurrock to Aldiss Park today.
The Magpies slipped to a 2-1 defeat at Soham on New Year's Day and boss Matt Henman is calling on his side to up their concentration levels.
He said: 'We have got to start keeping our concentration levels when the ball is away from us and not get caught out by sporadic attacks which let sides get back into games, where we should be putting sides to the sword.
'We gave Soham a way back into the game and something to hold onto on Tuesday, and we can't do that, especially against sides around us in the league.
'I don't want to have an immediate reaction and change too much, from Soham, as I thought we were excellent for 90pc of the game. But we have let ourselves down and we have undone so much of our good work from some sloppiness in key areas, which we need to stop.'
You may also want to watch:
Michael Clunan and Sam Borrer are available after missing the Soham trip, but Henman's side are still without the injured Gary Starling and Luke Tuttle.
The Magpies go into the game in 11th place in the table.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash