Dereham Town 5 Redbridge 0 – Tuttle gets stuck in with a treble as Magpies go nap in the mud
- Credit: Ian Burt
Norfolk Senior Cup finalists Dereham hammered relegation-threatened Redbridge on a glue-pot of a pitch at Aldiss Park.
There was an early signal of Dereham's intent, with Luke Tuttle heading a Ryan Crisp centre just wide inside the opening mintes.
But Tuttle made no mistake in the 12th minute when he headed home Frazer Blake-Tracy's ball from the left to put the Magpies in front.
Play continued to be mostly in the London side's half, with Rhys Logan delivering two dangerous crosses and Vadin Costandachi hitting a 20-yarder over the top.
It was no surprise when Dereham increased their lead in the 25th minute when Craig Bussens fired home from inside the box after receiving Tuttle's pass. A minute later home skipper Sam Borrer chested down another Tuttle pass before beating Redbridge keeper Callum Chaffer with a low 22-yard drive to give his side a commanding advantage.
You may also want to watch:
As the pressure continued a Tuttle cross from the left drifted over visiting keeper Chaffer and flew into the net for Dereham's fourth goal with 37 minutes in the clock.
Redbridge created their first chance in the 41st minute, with Rigers Kabashi forcing home keeper Will Viner to palm his 20-yard drive over the top. Neal Simmonds brought on Norwich Academy youngster Tom Walters for his debut after the break in place of Borrer.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 5 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'It sounded like my roof was coming off': Sonic boom from RAF jet heard over Norwich
In the 55th minute Tuttle turned well in the centre of the park before putting Logan clean through, but as the keeper advanced the wide man failed to hit the target. Within minutes Crisp was also guilty of a glaring miss as the one-way traffic persisted. The visitors briefly eased the pressure with Espirito-Santo and Coxi-Sebastfao both firing efforts wide.
Dereham were soon on the front foot again and registered their nap hand in the 72nd minute. Crisp drilled a well-struck 25-yard drive that visiting keeper Chaffer saved, but Tuttle was on hand to knock home the loose ball and complete his hat-trick and the scoring.
Dereham: Viner, Anema, Blake-Tracy, Costandachi (Smith 90), Howard, Frary, Logan, Borrer (Walters 45), Crisp, Tuttle, Bussens (Green 61).
Redbridge: Chafer (Belindir 45), Sackey (Hocking-Risling 45), Dobson, Burgess, Good, Jaffa, Gent, Kabashi, Espirito-Santo (Cornelious 82), Portway, Coxi-Sebastfao. Sub not used: Eaton.
Referee: J Burridge.