Dereham Town 2 Wroxham 1 – Logan strike secures season’s first derby honours for Magpies
Dereham took the honours in the first Ryman League North derby of the season – a game which came to life with three goals in nine second-half minutes.
The game started in a frantic and scrappy manner, but Dereham striker Ryan Crisp nearly profited from Aaron Taylor's back pass in the 15th minute – but Wroxham keeper Elliot Pride reacted well to clear.
As play switched ends, Dion Frary's clearance fell to Jordan Rocastle who teed up Robbie-Lee Sweeney who fired wide.
The Yatchsmen then had a couple of half chances but Dereham responded with Dawid Radomski picking up Dan Morphew's ball on the left and cutting inside before sending a 20-yard curler just wide. Play was now fluid and Jack Garrod tested home keeper Will Viner with a low drive.
The Magpies came close to breaking the deadlock in the 36th minute when Craig Bussens' header at the far post was pushed onto the bar by Pride who then got down well to save Rhys Logan's low drive.
You may also want to watch:
The home pressure continued, with Radomski curling a 20-yard free-kick off target.
It was in the second half that the game really opened up, with Dereham taking the lead on the hour. Logan was upended 25 yards out and from the free-kick Radomski beat keeper Pride with a well-struck low drive inside his left-hand post.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
The Yatchsmen drew level when Ben Fowkes' shot fell from Viner's grasp, allowing Payton Swatman to net from close range in the 67th minute.
But the Magpies were back in front two minutes later when Logan cut inside and drilled home a low drive – and this time there was no coming back for the visitors.
Dereham: Viner, Cosnstandachi, Morphew, Linford, Frary, Sommerfield, Logan, Walters, Crisp (Cooke 90), Radomski, Bussens. Unused: Black, Clayton, Melanson
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Ramm, Swatman, Taylor, Ebbage, Garrod (Nyadzayo 79), Hilton, Rocastle (Fowkes 62, Swenney (Guyton 56), Baker. Unused: Bailey, King.