Dereham lose out as Green sees red at Tilbury
Ten-man Dereham went down to a late winner in Essex.
The Magpies – who entertain Bury this afternoon – lost Connor Green to a second yellow card 10 minutes after they had levelled matters, only to see the hosts snatch the points with just six minutes remaining.
Tom Wright replaced Will Viner in the Dereham goal and was called upon as early as the sixth minute to save Emil Aiken's low drive. The Magpies missed a good chance with Green blazing Dawid Radomski's pass over the top when well placed.
New signing from Wisbech, Danny Beaumont, used his pace to get round the back of the home defence with defender Eli Benoit just managing to clear as Radomski looked to pounce at the far post.
As the high tempo continued, home keeper Lee Butcher was forced to save Tom Walters' 20-yard volley after a fine passing move.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham were well on top, but fell behind to a soft goal in the 36th minute, Emil Aiken scoring.
Dereham were denied an equaliser when Butcher threw himself to his right to turn Radomski's fierce drive round the post and they came close again after the break, with Butcher making another fine stop to keep out Radomski's effort.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Dereham worked hard to find an opening and were rewarded in the 64th minute – Walters found Green on the right who fed Rhys Logan just outside of the box. The wide man sped inside before beating Butcher with a crisp diagonal drive.
Green was dismissed on 75 minutes and Tilbury piled on the pressure, taking the points when Jack Carlise headed home.