Dereham lack fire power
Leiston 3, Dereham Town 0: Dereham left Victory Road point-less with a lack of finishing ability the only real difference between the two sides. On a sticky pitch there were few chances before L opened the scoring in the 23rd minute with Chris Sillett heading home Michael Brother's cross from the left.
Leiston 3, Dereham Town 0
Dereham left Victory Road point-less with a lack of finishing ability the only real difference between the two side.
On a sticky pitch there were few chances before L opened the scoring in the 23rd minute with Chris Sillett heading home Michael Brother's cross from the left.
Dereham keeper John Higgs made a fine save to deny David Head from point-blank range in the 37th minute after he was put clean through.
In first-half added time the home side increased their lead when Brother's shot was deflected into the net.
Dereham's Kenny Reeves immediately missed a great chance to decrease the deficit.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
In the second half Dereham were twice denied by home keeper Jamie Stannard.
Firstly, he palmed away Adam Gusterston's close-range header following Craig Terrington's free-kick in the 53rd minute before. two minutes later. saving Danny Beaumont's spot-kick after Gusterston had been up-ended in the box by defender Mark Goldfinch.
Sillett sealed the match for Leiston when he headed home a cross from the right in the 75th minute.