Dereham hit rivals for six
Dereham 6, Woodbridge 2Dereham leapt into a sixth-minute lead with a goal that was initiated and finished by Ollie Willis.After progressing from just inside his own half the full-back squared to Nicky Howell whose low right-foot drive was palmed out by the keeper and Willis, who had continued his run into the box, found the net from close range.
Dereham 6, Woodbridge 2
Dereham leapt into a sixth-minute lead with a goal that was initiated and finished by Ollie Willis.
After progressing from just inside his own half the full-back squared to Nicky Howell whose low right-foot drive was palmed out by the keeper and Willis, who had continued his run into the box, found the net from close range.
After doing most of the pressing, the Magpies increased their lead in the 23rd minute when Daniel Buhlemann turned and struck an opportunistic 30-yard left footer that soared into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Smith then came close when his expertly executed volley grazed the top of the crossbar
On half time Dereham made it three when Stuart Williams headed down Danny Beaumont's corner to the back post and Adam Gusterson squeezed the ball home.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
After the restart Dereham kept up the pressure and defender Williams headed home a Beaumont corner to dent any hope of a Woodbridge revival.
Dereham registered their nap hand in the 69th minute. Keeper John Higgs bowled the ball out to Smith, he spread play wide to Willis before racing into the box to fire home the full-back's return pass.
The visitors scored a consolation goal in the 88th minute when Joshua Marcus slotted home after Higgs had vacated his area however Dereham soon replied with substitite Kenny Reeves flicking home Joel Brien's corner.
In an eventful finish to the match, Robbie Smythe coverted a penalty to again reduce the arrears.