Dereham hit back from behind to stretch lead
Dereham Town stretched their lead at the top of the Ridgeons League to five points with a 2-1 victory over Norwich United.
But the Magpies had to work hard for the points, coming back from behind at Aldiss Park.
Darren Coe put the visitors ahead after 14 minutes when he headed home Lee Hunter's free-kick.
Dereham were level nine minutes later when Ryan Foster found the target after good work from Olly Willis and Steve Harley.
Dereham piled on the pressure in search of a half-time lead but were denied by goal-line clearances from Steve Shipley and Aaron Taylor.
Gary Starling rattled a United post with a 35-yard free-kick before Dereham found the match-winner in the 72nd minute.
Goalkeeper Ben Nower punched Starling's free-kick clear but it fell kindly for Danny Beaumont to blaze home.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
In the First Division Cup at Clipbush Park, Fakenham Town fell to two second-half goals from Gorleston.
In a match spoiled by strong winds, the Greens went ahead after 59 minutes when an attempted clearance hit Steve Taylor and fell kindly for him to net the rebound.
Passage was secured in the 87th minute when Bradley Hough headed home at the far post from a long ball from the left.
• First Division Knock-out Cup, first round: Cornard 1 Whitton 2, Diss Town 1 Thetford Town 2, Downham Town 0 Swaffham Town 2 (aet), Fakenham Town 0 Gorleston 2, Godmanchester 4 Cambridge University Press 2, March 0 Saffron Walden 2.
• Today's fixtures
Ridgeons League, First Division Knock-out Cup: Long Melford v Halstead.
Suffolk FA Premier Cup: Woodbridge v Kirkley & Pakefield.