Dereham hit back from behind to stretch lead
Dereham Town stretched their lead at the top of the Ridgeons League to five points with a 2-1 victory over Norwich United.
But the Magpies had to work hard for the points, coming back from behind at Aldiss Park.
Darren Coe put the visitors ahead after 14 minutes when he headed home Lee Hunter's free-kick.
Dereham were level nine minutes later when Ryan Foster found the target after good work from Olly Willis and Steve Harley.
Dereham piled on the pressure in search of a half-time lead but were denied by goal-line clearances from Steve Shipley and Aaron Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Starling rattled a United post with a 35-yard free-kick before Dereham found the match-winner in the 72nd minute.
Goalkeeper Ben Nower punched Starling's free-kick clear but it fell kindly for Danny Beaumont to blaze home.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
In the First Division Cup at Clipbush Park, Fakenham Town fell to two second-half goals from Gorleston.
In a match spoiled by strong winds, the Greens went ahead after 59 minutes when an attempted clearance hit Steve Taylor and fell kindly for him to net the rebound.
Passage was secured in the 87th minute when Bradley Hough headed home at the far post from a long ball from the left.
• First Division Knock-out Cup, first round: Cornard 1 Whitton 2, Diss Town 1 Thetford Town 2, Downham Town 0 Swaffham Town 2 (aet), Fakenham Town 0 Gorleston 2, Godmanchester 4 Cambridge University Press 2, March 0 Saffron Walden 2.
• Today's fixtures
Ridgeons League, First Division Knock-out Cup: Long Melford v Halstead.
Suffolk FA Premier Cup: Woodbridge v Kirkley & Pakefield.