Dereham defeat Norwich City in warm up to second half of hockey season
Norwich City lost 3-2 to Dereham in a friendly as the Men's East League Premier A Division rivals warmed up for the second half of the season.
Dereham seized control with two short corner conversions and a third goal tucked away following a right wing cross.
City replied with two Dave Skinner drag flicks and can take plenty of positives from their display as they strive to move away from the bottom of the table in the coming months.
City's fifth team were beaten 7-4 by Dereham IV in a friendly, despite taking an early lead through David Broadway.
Dereham led 5-1 at half-time, although City improved after the break with goals from Oliver Kennard, Felix Broadway and Tom Cooke.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Dragons III were 4-0 winners at Norfolk Nomads in a friendly with goals from Alan Quinton (2), Ben Dures and Adrian Kemp.
In the Marshall Motor Group Boys Development League, Henry Laming got Dragons' goal in a 5-1 defeat against Dereham.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
Tango Titans lost 4-0 to Harleston Magpies despite a battling performance.