Dereham defeat Norwich City in warm up to second half of hockey season
Norwich City lost 3-2 to Dereham in a friendly as the Men's East League Premier A Division rivals warmed up for the second half of the season.
Dereham seized control with two short corner conversions and a third goal tucked away following a right wing cross.
City replied with two Dave Skinner drag flicks and can take plenty of positives from their display as they strive to move away from the bottom of the table in the coming months.
City's fifth team were beaten 7-4 by Dereham IV in a friendly, despite taking an early lead through David Broadway.
Dereham led 5-1 at half-time, although City improved after the break with goals from Oliver Kennard, Felix Broadway and Tom Cooke.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Dragons III were 4-0 winners at Norfolk Nomads in a friendly with goals from Alan Quinton (2), Ben Dures and Adrian Kemp.
In the Marshall Motor Group Boys Development League, Henry Laming got Dragons' goal in a 5-1 defeat against Dereham.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Tango Titans lost 4-0 to Harleston Magpies despite a battling performance.