Derby defeat won’t affect our FA Cup mindset, says Wroxham boss ahead of trip to PNS
Wroxham manager Pawel Guziejko will not be letting the derby defeat to Dereham Town affect his players as they prepare for their FA Cup First preliminary round tie against Peterborough Northern Star.
The Yatchsmen travel to PNS off the back of a disappointing 2-1 loss at home to the Magpies, but Guziejko is confident his players can learn from their mistakes and find positives from the defeat.
'I think we definitely deserved something out of the game, especially based on our second half performance but when you score three goals in the second half and only one is allowed, it is very hard to win,' said Guziejko.
'We will take experience from the game and learn from the mistakes we made in the first 10 minutes, but now we must look to today's game and how we can move forward as individuals and as a team.'
PNS currently ply their trade in the United Counties League Premier Division – a level below the Yachtsmen – and after making a solid start to the new campaign, Guziejko is expecting a tough game.
You may also want to watch:
The city-based team triumphed 3-0 at fierce rivals Yaxley to set up this afternoon's tie.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads