Derby defeat won’t affect our FA Cup mindset, says Wroxham boss ahead of trip to PNS
Wroxham manager Pawel Guziejko will not be letting the derby defeat to Dereham Town affect his players as they prepare for their FA Cup First preliminary round tie against Peterborough Northern Star.
The Yatchsmen travel to PNS off the back of a disappointing 2-1 loss at home to the Magpies, but Guziejko is confident his players can learn from their mistakes and find positives from the defeat.
'I think we definitely deserved something out of the game, especially based on our second half performance but when you score three goals in the second half and only one is allowed, it is very hard to win,' said Guziejko.
'We will take experience from the game and learn from the mistakes we made in the first 10 minutes, but now we must look to today's game and how we can move forward as individuals and as a team.'
PNS currently ply their trade in the United Counties League Premier Division – a level below the Yachtsmen – and after making a solid start to the new campaign, Guziejko is expecting a tough game.
The city-based team triumphed 3-0 at fierce rivals Yaxley to set up this afternoon's tie.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?