Departed ace Jacob confident King’s Lynn Town can reach Evo-Stik Premier Division play-offs
- Credit: IAN BURT
Departed King's Lynn Town ace Dan Jacob is confident his former team-mates can gatecrash the play-offs.
Lynn's top goalscorer this season played his final game for the club during Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat at Grantham Town after deciding to relocate to Dubai. But he is certain the reformed Walks outfit have all the tools they need to bounce back and propser without him at Step Three of the non-league ladder.
Jacob said: 'I'd like to thank all the fans for my time at the club, they made me very welcome.
'I had a fantastic time during my six months here. It's a shame I'm having to leave because you've (the fans) been great and I've really enjoyed it. The gaffer (Gary Setchell) has been wonderful, and the chairman (Buster Chapman). I wish the lads all the best. I know with the players, and the squad they've got – and the gaffer knows exactly what he's doing – there's no reason they can't make the play-offs and go onto bigger and better things.'
Jacob bagged nine goals this term and netted 14 goals in just 27 appearances during his relatively brief spell at The Walks.
You may also want to watch:
'It really has been an emotional time,' Jacob also told the club's official YouTube channel.
'I hope all the fans carry on coming and watching the lads because it's a fantastic club and they love all the support.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The first match the player known as Breezy will miss is this afternoon's home clash against Ashton United. Lynn, ninth, and three places above today's opponents, will be looking to add to their three home league victory so far this campaign. But United have lost just two away games in the Evo-Stik Premier Division so far this term.