Day to forget as Magpies let in eight
BROMLEY AND BECKENHAM 8, HARLESTON MAGPIES 1: Harleston Magpies had an afternoon to forget as they slumped to a seven-goal defeat in Kent.
Magpies quickly went a goal down through Nicholas Bluett but they recovered well and the first half flowed from end to end, with both sides having spells in control.
After half-time Magpies again started slowly and, following sloppy defending, Alan Butt scored from a penalty corner.
Harleston fought straight back, with Gareth Furlong making it 2-1 but Bromley quickly scored again when the ball fell kindly to Rob Farrington after a fine save by Richard Harms.
Bromley suddenly found lots of space on the break and started taking every chance they created. Butt scored his second, William Nurse netted from a penalty corner and Sam Driver made it 6-1.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Evans increased the lead with a well-worked goal and, following a save from Harms, Farrington was able to stroke the ball home to complete the rout.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146