Day to forget as Magpies let in eight
BROMLEY AND BECKENHAM 8, HARLESTON MAGPIES 1: Harleston Magpies had an afternoon to forget as they slumped to a seven-goal defeat in Kent.
Magpies quickly went a goal down through Nicholas Bluett but they recovered well and the first half flowed from end to end, with both sides having spells in control.
After half-time Magpies again started slowly and, following sloppy defending, Alan Butt scored from a penalty corner.
Harleston fought straight back, with Gareth Furlong making it 2-1 but Bromley quickly scored again when the ball fell kindly to Rob Farrington after a fine save by Richard Harms.
Bromley suddenly found lots of space on the break and started taking every chance they created. Butt scored his second, William Nurse netted from a penalty corner and Sam Driver made it 6-1.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Evans increased the lead with a well-worked goal and, following a save from Harms, Farrington was able to stroke the ball home to complete the rout.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut