Day makes presence felt on debut for Norwich Union
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Union hosted Mistley in their annual President's fixture.
In fact two 40 minute games were played. with the Firebirds playing against Mistley II before the two first teams went head-to-head.
The Firebirds drew their game 10-10, with Ryan Day, on his debut. and James Herrieven scoring the tries and Doug Evans being named man of the match.
Union firsts then took centre stage and recorded an emphatic 31-5 win, outscoring their opponents five tries to one, with man-of-the-match Michael Shucksmith showing off his pace, power and stepping ability to score a brace. Day also scored twice while Phil Harris was the other home player to go over. Simon Bunting added three conversions.
Craig Dunbar was in his usual rampaging form, battering his way through would-be tacklers.
You may also want to watch:
The Firebirds have two remaining fixtures against Wymondham III and Thetford II.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project