City of Norwich athlete Dani Nimmock Britain’s best performer at Frankfurt Marathon
- Credit: Archant
City of Norwich AC member Dani Nimmock was the best performing British woman at the Frankfurt Marathon on Sunday.
The 28-year-old, representing England, clocked an impressive time of 2-38:54, which was enough to earn her 23rd place overall.
This was just outside of her personal best of 2-38:28, which was achieved when she won the Greater Manchester Marathon earlier this year.
It caps a memorable year for the former Dereham Northgate High School pupil, who also set a new half marathon PB at The Big Half Marathon, and she is already formulating her marathon plans for next year.
Nimmock was followed home by Kent AC's Amy Clements in 2:39:50 (25th) and Garscube Harriers' Katie White in a PB of 2:40:31 (27th). Ethiopian athlete Meskerem Wondimagegn was first female in 2-20:36.
You may also want to watch:
Lincoln Wellington's Aaron Scott was the highest placed man from the British contingent as he clocked 2-16:57 to finish 23rd and second European male. Kelkie Woldaregay (Ethiopia) was first home in 2-06:37.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving