City of Norwich athlete Dani Nimmock Britain’s best performer at Frankfurt Marathon
- Credit: Archant
City of Norwich AC member Dani Nimmock was the best performing British woman at the Frankfurt Marathon on Sunday.
The 28-year-old, representing England, clocked an impressive time of 2-38:54, which was enough to earn her 23rd place overall.
This was just outside of her personal best of 2-38:28, which was achieved when she won the Greater Manchester Marathon earlier this year.
It caps a memorable year for the former Dereham Northgate High School pupil, who also set a new half marathon PB at The Big Half Marathon, and she is already formulating her marathon plans for next year.
Nimmock was followed home by Kent AC's Amy Clements in 2:39:50 (25th) and Garscube Harriers' Katie White in a PB of 2:40:31 (27th). Ethiopian athlete Meskerem Wondimagegn was first female in 2-20:36.
You may also want to watch:
Lincoln Wellington's Aaron Scott was the highest placed man from the British contingent as he clocked 2-16:57 to finish 23rd and second European male. Kelkie Woldaregay (Ethiopia) was first home in 2-06:37.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen