Crusaders 19, Harwich & Dovercourt 13
Harwich opened the scoring with a converted try after a handling error but Crusaders responded well and man-of-the-match Stuart Cameron replied, with Triston Smith converting.
Crusaders failed to heed the referee's early warning regarding quick release of the ball in the tackle and Harwich were rewarded two kickable penalties in front of the posts from 30 metres out. The visitors' kicker took advantage of one to restore his side's lead.
Crusaders pressed hard in the visitors 22 without success until finally Peter Blinkhorn scored following good work by the pack. Cameron's second try then gave Crusaders a 19-8 half-time lead.
Crusaders appeared to be happy to sit on their lead and it wasn't until Harwich scored a try that the game came alive again.
Harwich had their tails up and it was Crusaders who spent the last 10 minutes defending their lead.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk