Crusaders 19, Harwich & Dovercourt 13
Harwich opened the scoring with a converted try after a handling error but Crusaders responded well and man-of-the-match Stuart Cameron replied, with Triston Smith converting.
Crusaders failed to heed the referee's early warning regarding quick release of the ball in the tackle and Harwich were rewarded two kickable penalties in front of the posts from 30 metres out. The visitors' kicker took advantage of one to restore his side's lead.
Crusaders pressed hard in the visitors 22 without success until finally Peter Blinkhorn scored following good work by the pack. Cameron's second try then gave Crusaders a 19-8 half-time lead.
Crusaders appeared to be happy to sit on their lead and it wasn't until Harwich scored a try that the game came alive again.
Harwich had their tails up and it was Crusaders who spent the last 10 minutes defending their lead.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47