Crusaders 10, Ely 7
Crusaders recorded their first win of the new year as they saw off high-flying Ely in Division One of the Greene King Eastern Counties League.
Back in October it was Ely who edged to victory in a high scoring game by four points.
The visitors started in determined fashion and a long period of pressure saw them take the lead when Kennett touched down and the try was converted.
Crusaders' response was swift and within minutes of going behind they drew level when Durrant touched down following a determined driving maul. Tristan Smith converted. With half-time approaching Smith struck a penalty to give Crusaders a 10-7 lead.
Crusaders' forwards took control of the second half with some excellent scrummaging but the conditions were not conducive to fluent passing and both sides wasted opportunities. The home side deserved their victory despite a nervous last five minutes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown