Crusaders 10, Ely 7
Crusaders recorded their first win of the new year as they saw off high-flying Ely in Division One of the Greene King Eastern Counties League.
Back in October it was Ely who edged to victory in a high scoring game by four points.
The visitors started in determined fashion and a long period of pressure saw them take the lead when Kennett touched down and the try was converted.
Crusaders' response was swift and within minutes of going behind they drew level when Durrant touched down following a determined driving maul. Tristan Smith converted. With half-time approaching Smith struck a penalty to give Crusaders a 10-7 lead.
Crusaders' forwards took control of the second half with some excellent scrummaging but the conditions were not conducive to fluent passing and both sides wasted opportunities. The home side deserved their victory despite a nervous last five minutes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk