Crown Fire League round-up
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
Bridgham Utd reached the Birds Sport & Outdoor Benevolent Cup final with a 2-0 home win over Tacolneston in their replayed semi-final. Bridgham will now meet Morley Village in the final to be played at Aldiss Park, Dereham in March.
The top two in Division One both won. The leaders Thetford Rovers Res beat Cranworth 5-1 while second-placed Dereham Town A ran out 6-1 home winners over bottom team Cockers. Gressenhall won 3-0 at home to Bunwell and Rockland Utd coped better with the strong wind blowing straight down the pitch to beat Great Ryburgh 2-0.
Feltwell Utd are the new leaders in Division Two after beating bottom team Hingham Athletic Res 8-0 and Castle Acre Swifts drop to second after being held to a 2-2 draw at Yaxham. Morley Village won 4-0 at Necton, Northwold S&SC won 6-2 at home to West End and Nostro beat Saham Toney Res by the odd goal of seven.
Methwold Rovers stay top of Division Three after winning 3-0 at home to Rockland Utd Res while Thurton & Ashby climb above Marham Wanderers into third place after beating them 6-0.
You may also want to watch:
Great Cressingham beat Narborough Res by the only goal of the game, Splitz Utd beat bottom team Shipdham Res 4-1 and Wendling enjoyed a good 2-0 home win over Breckland Wanderers.
Mulbarton Wanderers Res have moved back to the top of Division Four after a convincing 9-1 win at Nostro Res while Scarning Utd beat Dereham Cockers Utd by the same score.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
Mattishall A kept the pressure on the leaders with a 7-1 home win over Beetley Utd and Rampant Horse are up to fourth after winning 4-1 at Colkirk. Tugas Utd warmed up for their Norfolk Primary Cup semi-final with a 4-0 home win over Weasenham Wanderers.
There were no real surprises in the second round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup.
Three teams from Division One went through - Hingham Athletic beat Wymondham Town A 3-0 at home, Swaffham Town A were taken to penalties after a 2-2 draw by Hethersett Athletic but went through 5-3 and Shipdham won the all-first division clash with Narborough by the odd goal of five.
Two clubs had wins over teams from the division above them - Diss Town A won 3-2 at Bawdeswell while North Elmham beat Shropham Utd 6-1. Stoke Ferry accounted for Gressenhall Res with a 5-2 home victory and Tacolneston Res beat Shropham Utd Res 3-0.