Crowds already gathering outside Chapelfield Gardens in Norwich ahead of Olympic Torch Relay’s arrival
Crowds have already started to form outside Chapelfield Gardens for the Olympic Torch Relay's arrival in Norwich.
More than 50 people are waiting at the gates on Theatre Street, eager for the park opening at 4pm.
Mum-of-four, Karolina Fitzpatrick, from Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade, said seeing the torch's arrival in the city is a 'once in a lifetime opportunity', bringing her children to the front of the queue for the best view.
She said: 'It's great for the children and gives them a real experience.'
Her nine-year-old son Sebastian said: 'We've come to see the torch as it's really cool.'
You may also want to watch:
While his sister, Zofia, 12, said: 'We will probably never get to see this again.'
Other keen Olympic fans included 58-year-old Jayne Short from Loddon.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
Decked out in Union Jacks she said: 'I'm here to see my daughter dance and to make the most of the torch's arrival in Norwich.
'I will stay here until the end. I love the atmosphere and feel exited.'
Maureen Krisp, 64, was also already in the queue. She said her granddaughter is performing and she is looking forward to it.
- To follow our live coverage of the relay - including news, pictures and your tweets - click the link at the top-right of this page or copy and paste this link into your browser's search bar: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/olympics-london-calling-2012/torch-relay/live-coverage