Cromer’s Ryan Walsh to make first defence of British featherweight in January
- Credit: PA
Cromer boxer Ryan Walsh will make the first defence of his British featherweight belt next month.
The 29-year-old will headline promoter Frank Warren's first show of 2016, at the iconic York Hall venue in the heart of London's East End.
Walsh made history in September when he beat Samir Mouneimne to win the strap and, with brother Liam holding the super-featherweight version, they became the first twins to hold British belts at the same time.
Now Ryan wants the Lonsdale belt for keeps – and to add the Commonwealth title to join Liam as a double-double champion.
Ryan opponent for his January 22 date has yet to be announced although, interestingly the undercard includes Mitchell Smith, who is desperate to take on the Cromer fighter.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets for Ryan Walsh's fight, call 07796 206124 or 07340 100152.
- 1 Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- 2 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 3 Woman's hip broken after 'rugby tackle' by pair of dogs
- 4 Superstar acts that are coming to Norfolk next year
- 5 Have you had 'the worst cold ever' which is currently ripping through Norfolk?
- 6 How to get from Norwich to London for just a fiver
- 7 Shoe shop set to close after more than two decades in business
- 8 'We did everything we could': Police officer tells of car park negotiation
- 9 Huge equestrian home set in 9 acres is for sale for £1.4m
- 10 Man taken to hospital after road rage incident