Cromer’s Ryan Walsh to make first defence of British featherweight in January
- Credit: PA
Cromer boxer Ryan Walsh will make the first defence of his British featherweight belt next month.
The 29-year-old will headline promoter Frank Warren's first show of 2016, at the iconic York Hall venue in the heart of London's East End.
Walsh made history in September when he beat Samir Mouneimne to win the strap and, with brother Liam holding the super-featherweight version, they became the first twins to hold British belts at the same time.
Now Ryan wants the Lonsdale belt for keeps – and to add the Commonwealth title to join Liam as a double-double champion.
Ryan opponent for his January 22 date has yet to be announced although, interestingly the undercard includes Mitchell Smith, who is desperate to take on the Cromer fighter.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets for Ryan Walsh's fight, call 07796 206124 or 07340 100152.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street