Cromer go clear at top of Anglian Combination
Cromer went five points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division thanks to their 2-1 victory at Sheringham while second-placed Acle slipped up at home to Spixworth.
Scott Woodcock got the first for the Crabs before an own goal sealed the points with Ben Furlong replying for Sheringham. Acle were held to a 1-1 draw against Spixworth despite Adam Faulkes' strike.
Blofield United also slipped up in the title race as they were beaten 3-1 at home to Wroxham Reserves. A Jamie George brace and an own goal did the damage for the Yachtsmen with Chris Holmes on target for United.
Goals from Alan Remblance and Matt Robins earned victory for Beccles Town at home to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves whilst Alex Fitzgerald scored the only goal for North Walsham Town in their clash against Hempnall.
Basement boys Wells Town were soundly beaten 4-1 at St Andrews – Glen Spooner claiming all four for the Saints and Wymondham fought out a 1-1 draw against Loddon.
A Ritchi High double helped Corton pull off a surprise win at Division One leaders Dersingham Rovers although second-placed Stalham could not fully take advantage as they were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Norwich CEYMS.
Long Stratton secured an impressive 5-1 win at home to Holt United – Sam Page (two), Lee Barrett, Thomas Wright and Jonathan King got the goals with Shaun Steed replying for United.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 9 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
Watton won 3-2 against fellow strugglers Bradenham Wanderers with Xavier Huckle (two) and Mark Ward getting the goals for the away side.
Reepham were 2-1 victors at home to Caister thanks to strikes from Stephan Drake and an own goal whilst Brandon eased to a 3-1 win over Sprowston Athletic.