County Bowls League: Norfolk see chance to close gap on Acle A vanish
Norfolk BC A lost the chance to close the gap on Division One leaders Acle A following this weekend's games in the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League.
With Mervyn King's rink leading the way with a 24-15 score they lost a tight match away to Gallow A by 85 shots to 83.
Meanwhile, Acle A were losing away to third placed County Arts A by 97 shots to 70 with the County Arts rink skipped by Philip Barr top scoring 39-9.
Lynnsport A beat Lakeside A by 80 shots to 76, Stephen Winters' rink winning 25-14 and Wymondham A beat Diss A by 81 shots to 63, James Austin's rink winning 23-12.
Division Two has new leaders in Acle B after they defeated County Arts B at home by a margin of 115 shots to 51.
Ray Meeks' rink top scored for Acle 42-12. Pentney A are just half a point behind in second place after they edged out Hunstanton by 81 shots to 76, the Pentney rink skipped by Keith Brand winning 28-14.
At the bottom of the table Lakeside B won at home to Roundwood A by 82 shots to 65, Geoff Morings' rink top scoring for Lakeside 22-8.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Shotford A now top Division Three following their win at home to Browston B by 122 shots to 53, their rink skipped by Ally Leeks winning 47-4.
However, Norfolk BC B are second on shot difference only after they beat Acle C at home by 89 shots to 74.
Keith Potter's rink for Norfolk winning 35-9.
Old Hall beat Wymondham B by 94 shots to 55, Dean Shingfield's rink winning 37-11.
Dereham A beat Brecks A by 89 shots to 73, Julian Cook's rink winning 38-10.
In Division four, Diss B beat Wymondham C by 115 shots to 55, top rink for Diss was Mike Rich 36-5, whilst in Division Five Roundwood B beat Shotford B by 82 shots to 63, top rink was Arthur Hutt for Roundwood, 22-13.