Costello joins up with Norwich team for Snetterton
- Credit: Jon Jessop photography
Norwich's Morello Racing Kawasaki will return to their home round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton later this month with a two-strong rider line-up after confirming podium finisher Lee Costello will join Danny Johnson in the team.
The team will be bidding to score their first points of the season as they continue making progress in their debut Superbike campaign.
Costello has previously scored a podium finish in MCE BSB and is looking forward to his return.
'It's a really nice feeling to be given the chance to race a Superbike again and when this offer came up from Morello I just couldn't say no,' said Costello.
'The last time I raced or rode a Superbike was at the start of 2014, so I know it isn't going to be an easy task and it is sure to be a bit of an eye-opener, but I just plan to get on, ride it and try to get stuck in.
You may also want to watch:
'I am really grateful to be given the opportunity and I am happy to be back on a Kawasaki as that is what I have some experience of riding before – it will make it slightly easier for me as I have some of my knowledge of the last time I raced one and that should give me a starting point at least.
'I couldn't have asked for more and this is an ideal situation for me – it will definitely be better being out on track at Snetterton than just watching it on the TV. I am coming back ready to enjoy myself and do the best job I can for the team.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Team owner Steve Buckenham added: 'We are excited about welcoming Lee to the team for Snetterton. We are looking forward to working with him as we continue to strive for results in our debut season in the Superbike class.'