Wymondham club using virtual event to help keep their members active during coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A running club has adopted a novel way of keeping their members competitive during the coronavirus pandemic.
After being unable to stage the Ed Burton 5 Mile Series due to the COVID-19 outbreak Wymondham AC have decided to make it a virtual event using social media network, Strava.
Wymondham AC runners must establish a ‘base time’ along the route which starts at Wymondham Abbey Station and finishes in Lady Lane before the end of March and they will then have the whole of April to improve their time. Rules are yet to be fully finalised but the aim is for each runner to improve their time by as much as possible. However, Wymondham members have been warned that establishing a slow ‘base time’ will be spotted.
Weekly results will be published along with a league table at the end of April.
How is your sport club keeping active? What sports are you still doing despite the coronavirus outbreak?
You may also want to watch:
Let us know at email@example.com
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 4 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 5 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 6 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 9 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 10 Power cut caused by electric pole fire hits more than 600 homes