Wymondham club using virtual event to help keep their members active during coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A running club has adopted a novel way of keeping their members competitive during the coronavirus pandemic.
After being unable to stage the Ed Burton 5 Mile Series due to the COVID-19 outbreak Wymondham AC have decided to make it a virtual event using social media network, Strava.
Wymondham AC runners must establish a ‘base time’ along the route which starts at Wymondham Abbey Station and finishes in Lady Lane before the end of March and they will then have the whole of April to improve their time. Rules are yet to be fully finalised but the aim is for each runner to improve their time by as much as possible. However, Wymondham members have been warned that establishing a slow ‘base time’ will be spotted.
Weekly results will be published along with a league table at the end of April.
How is your sport club keeping active? What sports are you still doing despite the coronavirus outbreak?
You may also want to watch:
Let us know at email@example.com
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk