Cook linked to City move
The summer rumour mill started in earnest today with the Canaries finding themselves linked to Queen's Park Rangers winger Lee Cook. The 23-year-old did himself every favour with his sharp strike in Easter Monday's clash at Carrow Road.
The summer rumour mill started in earnest today with the Canaries finding themselves linked to Queen's Park Rangers winger Lee Cook.
The 23-year-old did himself every favour with his sharp strike in Easter Monday's clash at Carrow Road. Stand-in boss Gary Waddock admits if will be powerless to stop Cook going if either the Canaries, Sheffield United or Wolves do indeed come a-calling.
“I will not want to let him go because he is a quality player,” said Waddock. “But we all know the financial situation of the football club and if a big offer does come in for Lee Cook then money does talk.”
Whether a left-sided midfielder is actually Nigel Worthington's first priority this summer is, however, open to doubt.
You may also want to watch:
For most - Canary management included - the No1 requirement is likely to be a no-nonsense, strapping centre-forward in the Steve Howard-mould with a right-sided midfielder not too far behind.
With both Darren Huckerby and Paul McVeigh able to fill that left-wing role, Worthington's interests may lie elsewhere.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success