Cone enjoys the heavy touch
It was another quiet weekend on Oulton Broad with small fleets – caused on Sunday to a certain extent by the strong wind which forced the Waveneys to put in two reefs.
Alan Cone enjoys these heavier conditions and put in two first class performances, winning both the Fast Handicap and Laser races.
In both Veronica Falat was second while Steve Jones took third in the Handicap race and Alan Gisborne likewise in the Lasers.
John Lockwood was another to win both his races as he finished well in front in the Class race and even further in the Mixed Keels where the fresh wind was exactly right for a Squib to pull away from the Waveneys on the beats.
The strong wind again caused the racing at Gorleston to be cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit