Conditions to suit Beccles
After two minutes of silent remembrance, Series E continued for sailors at Beccles ASC last Saturday in more relaxed conditions than of late.
Plenty of water and a force three off the Suffolk bank enticed 21 helms to a reaching start.
Ryan Langston in his laser PDQ made good progress in race one of the Icicle Shield with Richard and Caroline Baylis in Xenon Manah Manah in hot pursuit.
Team Baylis, with a blistering performance, romped to victory ahead of Norfolk Tankard and a full minute ahead of Langston. OOD Martin Brown set an interesting course for race two, with two gybe marks and a loop between one and two.
There were a few tense moments when Kelsey and Roll, with the inside line advantage, squeezed through as the entire fleet simultaneously rounded the bridge mark. This time Langston held on to the lead under pressure all the time by Richard Deller in Cuddles and Richard and John Salisbury in Agapanthas.
You may also want to watch:
An error that saw Deller have to return to the second from last mark gave Salisbury a well-earned second. Competition was fierce in the Topper fleet as Elena Edwards and Rowan Curtis took a win each.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder