Commercial Fisheries: Bishop bags double-figure rainbow
Blackdyke has seen good sport on hoppers, muddlers, daddies and small lures. Charlie Bishop on Friday landed and returned a large rainbow well in excess of 10lb. Plenty of bag limits with fish rising all over the lake. We will be closed on Saturday from 12.30 for a birthday celebration.
Fishing has been excellent with the fish in both lakes just under the surface and coming to almost anything you care to throw at them. With fresher weather we have seen large hatches of buzzers which along with spent spinners has encouraged the fish to feed near the surface. Glebe lake is still gin clear whilst West Stow lake has a touch of colour.
This week's beginners' course was again very successful with every participant catching their limit. We have places available for the course at the end of October. Ring 07776370348 to book.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Lake Geneva continues to produce some superb carp fishing now the autumn feeding has started. In a mid-week session, Phil Lee and Ian Jarrold slid the net under six good specimen carp. Ian added another 30-pounder to the ever increasing list, a superb mirror of 33lb 12oz. Phil banked three twenties, a 24lb mirror and two 23lb common. Ian's other fish of the session were a lovely 29lb mirror and an 18lb common. With settled weather forecast the possibilities of some very big fish showing are very good.
It has been a great season so far at the new NVF Trout fishery. We have a winter permit available to fish from September 1 to December 31. Contact Chris on 01553 636507.
Rocklands Mere Fishery
Larger dry flies such as hoppers, small muddlers and sedge patterns have all been extremely successful and as long as they are fished on to a good ripple they should always produce results. A Costessey Bush Angling Club corporate day on Saturday was a resounding success, with many of the guests relatively new to the sport of fly fishing. With a spectacular evening rise happening most nights it is hard to see how things can improve. Water temp is dropping, so the fish should become more determined to feed in readiness for the winter. Call James on 01953 483971 or visit www.rocklandsmere.co.uk
Trout fishing at Willow Lakes as never been better. A wide range of flies are catching, fished near the surface, though Hares Ear and Buzzer nymphs are still the favourite.