Colchester III 41 Wymondham 21: Wymondham lose proud record to strengthened opposition
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham's run of 12 straight wins in Eastern Counties One came to an end against a strengthened Colchester third team.
It was obvious from the start that things were going to be tough for the visitors as Colchester's second team had been cancelled and a number of players had been drafted into the team.
Colchester's No 11 scored a hat-trick of tries to make it 21-0 early on. Wymondham replied when winger Chris Collins-Reed scored a try, converted by Charlie Duffin, before Colchester scored again.
The visitors started the second half well and Auden Airdrie burst over for a try, converted by Duffin. It then got really interesting when Kirk Vincent burst away before feeding Airdrie just short of the line to score a third try, converted by Duffin to make it 26-21.
Sadly that was as good as it got, with Colchester adding three unconverted tries to their tally in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Colchester III 41 Wymondham 21