Clean bill of health for Canaries
Glenn Roeder has no new injury worries ahead of Saturday's trip north, when the Canaries face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park (3pm).Midfielder Luke Chadwick is likely to be out for several weeks after suffering a recurrence of his shoulder problem in Norwich reserves' 5-1 thumping by Ipswich at Carrow Road last Monday.
Glenn Roeder has no new injury worries ahead of Saturday's trip north, when the Canaries face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park (3pm).
Midfielder Luke Chadwick is likely to be out for several weeks after suffering a recurrence of his shoulder problem in Norwich reserves' 5-1 thumping by Ipswich at Carrow Road last Monday. Michael Spillane was sent off in that game and faces a suspension, although the FA confirmed it will be in the new year leaving the 18-year-old free to face the Iron tomorrow.
Adam Drury and Matthew Gilks remain Norwich's only other long-term absentees, although the latter isn't far from a return to full training.
Apart from a few bumps and bruises, the rest of the first team squad were in training and expected to be available, leaving Roeder plenty of selection decisions to make ahead of the Canaries' first fixture of the ever-demanding Christmas period.
However, Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins has several defensive worries ahead of the game, with first choice full-backs Cliff Byrne and Kelly Youga injured and suspended respectively.
Highly rated centre-back Andy Butler faces a month out after breaking a bone in his foot in Scunthorpe's 3-2 defeat against Ipswich last weekend, and with fellow defender Ezomo Iriekpen also out after damaging his knee, player-assistant manager Ian Baraclough looks sets to drop into the back four.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Scunthorpe have struggled in recent weeks and currently sit 19th in the Championship table, a point above Norwich and are without a win in 10 games. Striker Martin Paterson will start up front and is in good form, having scored 10 goals already season and bagged a brace in Suffolk last week.