Claire from King’s Lynn having a ball in Brazil as Spain bow out
- Credit: Archant
A King's Lynn volunteer says she is having a ball in Brazil with the World Cup proving to be a 'non-stop party'.
Claire Jermany, 23, has been in Rio de Janeiro since the tournament began as she acts as a steward at seven games, including the final.
Her first shift saw her witness Lionel Messi score the winner in the Argentina v Bosnia game on Monday.
That was followed up by another classic on Wednesday, as she was in the stands to see reigning champions Spain dumped out by Chile.
But while Spanish fans mourned the defeat, she said the tournament had brought carnival time to Rio.
You may also want to watch:
'It is one non-stop party and I somehow booked a hostel in the centre of the party district. Everyone congregates in the streets and dances all night long,' she said.
She has also been catching games at the FanFest outdoor screens in Copacabana.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
- 10 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
Joined by thousands of other supporters, her choice of shirt managed to get her noticed by some supporters from closer to home.
'On Saturday I watched the England game at FanFest and there were thousands of England fans in good spirits.
'I wore my Norwich shirt and bumped into a group of guys from Norwich which was nice,' she said.
She added: 'The atmosphere has been amazing, with people talking to each other and partying a lot. There has been some trouble but luckily I have steered clear of that.'
Do you know anyone who is out in Brazil? Let us know by emailing Andrew Fitchett on email@example.com