City of Norwich Swimming Club shine at Coventry meeting
- Credit: Archant
The final rounds of the East Midlands region National Arena Swimming League brought fantastic results for UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club.
Swimming at Coventry against strong competition from Northampton, City of Peterborough, City of Milton Keynes, Nottingham Leander and West Suffolk, the club finished fifth on the day, placing them third overall in the competition, narrowly missing out on a place in the national final at Swansea.
Meanwhile, UEA CoNSC B team were competing at Peterborough in the corresponding round of the Second Division competition.
It was a closely fought contest with the other teams being Northampton and City of Peterborough B teams, Melton Mowbray, Calverton & Bingley and great local rivals Norwich Swan.
Sitting in second place behind Northampton after 10 events, the City of Norwich team were able to hold on to their third spot behind Northampton (216pts) and City of Peterborough (204 pts) with a score of 181 points. Norwich Swan recorded 167 points.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig