City of Norwich Swimming Club shine at Coventry meeting
- Credit: Archant
The final rounds of the East Midlands region National Arena Swimming League brought fantastic results for UEA City of Norwich Swimming Club.
Swimming at Coventry against strong competition from Northampton, City of Peterborough, City of Milton Keynes, Nottingham Leander and West Suffolk, the club finished fifth on the day, placing them third overall in the competition, narrowly missing out on a place in the national final at Swansea.
Meanwhile, UEA CoNSC B team were competing at Peterborough in the corresponding round of the Second Division competition.
It was a closely fought contest with the other teams being Northampton and City of Peterborough B teams, Melton Mowbray, Calverton & Bingley and great local rivals Norwich Swan.
Sitting in second place behind Northampton after 10 events, the City of Norwich team were able to hold on to their third spot behind Northampton (216pts) and City of Peterborough (204 pts) with a score of 181 points. Norwich Swan recorded 167 points.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk