City of Norwich Athletic Club long jumper James McLachlan top of 2012 UK ranking list
City of Norwich Athletic Club's athletes based in America are making their presence felt by producing some excellent performances.
Long jumper James McLachlan, studying at Loyala University, Chicago, has put himself on top of the 2012 UK ranking list.
Competing in the Tadd Metzger Indoor Invitational held in Kenosha, Wisconsin he produced a new personal best effort of 7.72m taking him nearer to the magical 8.00m barrier. Home-based coach Denis Costello was delighted to learn of this performance and is confident that as the year progresses there will be further improvement.
New York-based at Iona University, Mitch Goose and Hollie Rowland travelled to Boston, Massachusetts to compete in the BU Terrier Indoor Invitational. Mitch, racing over 3000m broke through the eight minute barrier for the first time when recording a superb 7:58.11, a new personal best by over 12 seconds and a time that places third on the 2012 UK ranking list. Hollie, competing over a testing 5000m, was pleased to knock four seconds off her previous best when posting a time of 16:31.80 for a performance that places her second on the UK 2012 ranking list.
Much further south in Albuquerque, Ruth and James Senior, based at New Mexico University, were pounding the boards in the New Mexico Indoor Invitational. James produced a winning pb performance in the 600m recording 1:22.31 while elder sister Ruth clocked 4:59.30 in the one-mile event.
You may also want to watch:
The club's Beijing Olympian, Barbara Parker, now living in North Atlanta says that her preparations for London 2012 are progressing well. She is looking to qualify for the 3000m steeplechase.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?