Cheshire team bowled out for three runs - but what has been your cricketing nightmare?
- Credit: Archant 2013
A cricket club have suffered the humiliation of being bowled out for just three runs.
Ten Wirral batsmen were out for ducks, only the number 11 (Connor Hobson) troubled the scorers, with the other runs coming from two leg byes. It left Wirral some way short of the 109 they needed to beat Haslington.
While it was an embarrassing loss, it was still not a world record lowest score. That went to Langport who were once dismissed for zero against Glastonbury in 1913.
Wirral Tweeted: '1st XI lost by 105 runs today... Sadly the opposition only scored 108!'
At one point the Cheshire League outfit were 0-8 after six overs before the pair of extras and Hobson - who finished one not out - dragged the innings out until the 10th over.
You may also want to watch:
- It was a nightmare for Wirral, but have you got any bad cricketing memories? Comment below or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale