Cave-Brown out until 2007
CHRIS LAKEY Norwich City youngster Andrew Cave-Brown could be out until the New Year after suffering ankle ligament damage in the Canaries' Carling Cup midweek win at Torquay.
Norwich City youngster Andrew Cave-Brown could be out until the New Year after suffering ankle ligament damage in the Canaries' Carling Cup midweek win at Torquay.
The 18-year-old was stretchered off 27 minutes into his first senior start at Plainmoor after collapsing to the turf having delivered a cross down the right.
Norwich boss Nigel Worthington revealed the news after further scans today.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately Andrew has suffered severe ankle ligament damage and he will face a long lay-off,” he said. “It's too early to say exactly how long, but it's a nasty injury and it looks like he could be out for months rather than weeks.”
The Scottish youth international signed his first professional contract during the summer after making his first team debut as a late substitute in Norwich's FA Cup third round tie against West Ham in January.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Worthington delivered more encouraging news on skipper Adam Drury who hobbled out of Tuesday's 2-0 first round win with an ankle knock.
“Adam tweaked his ankle, but knowing him and the whole-hearted attitude he has got he'll be fit for Saturday,” said Worthington.
The Canaries boss is adopting a 'wait and see' approach over Paul McVeigh's fitness ahead of Barnsley's Championship visit. The Northern Irishman was pulled out of the Torquay squad after damaging his calf in training.
“Paul was going to start but he got a little knock so we decided to go with what we'd got,” said Worthington. “He had a little test and it was too sore. It's a tender area and it'll take a few days to settle down and then we'll go from there.”