Canvey Island 0, Lowestoft Town 0
Looking to bounce back from their FA Trophy defeat, Lowestoft gained a well-deserved point on their return to Ryman League action in Essex.
Lowestoft went close to taking an early lead when Adam Smith controlled Scott Mitchell's pass but goalkeeper James Russell produced an excellent save.
Andrew Cave-Brown's cross picked out Adrian Forbes but his header was well held by the keeper. Forbes then played Curtis Haynes-Brown into space, but his drive flashed past a post.
A 30-yard free-kick by Alex Rhodes was touched onto a post by Andy Reynolds and Canvey were left cursing their luck when Danny Heale's header hit a post. Lowestoft penalty appeals were turned down when Forbes appeared to be brought down in the area by Chris Moore and Sam Gaughran's header grazed the bar from a corner
It was finally left to Reynolds to keep the match goalless with a fine late save from Rhodes.
You may also want to watch:
• Lowestoft: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, Gaughran, Crane, Haynes-Brown, Mitchell (Forshaw, 83), Fisk, Ainsley, Smith, McGlone, Forbes.
• Attendance: 247.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach