Canaries such hot favourites
BETTING: As everyone recalls, Norwich's season got off to the worst possible start. Remember their record after three matches - they had managed just three goals and conceded 10, their only point coming from a trip to Exeter where they drew 1-1.
As everyone recalls, Norwich's season got off to the worst possible start. Remember their record after three matches - they had managed just three goals and conceded 10, their only point coming from a trip to Exeter where they drew 1-1.
It's the Grecians' turn to travel to Carrow Road tomorrow, weather permitting, and in the intervening months, what a change there has been in bookies' attitudes towards the Canaries.
Exeter arrive priced as Betdaq's overwhelming 9/1 underdogs. Indeed, even the draw, offered at 7/2 by Totesport, is considered an outside bet, as Norwich kick off as Betfred's 2/5 favourites.
Support for a home victory has been understandably steady, with Stan James chalking 4/5 against the Canaries holding a half-time lead and bet365 rating the chances of them leading 1-0 at the break at a generous-looking 7/4.
In other markets, Victor Chandler offer even money against Norwich retaining their fourth consecutive clean sheet and, as Exeter have managed just three goals in their last six outings, this looks an exceptionally good bet. Meanwhile, Paddy Power price Norwich at 2/7 to open the scoring and Partybets post even money in favour of the Canaries winning when kicking off the second half with a one-goal deficit.
Elsewhere, 888Sport rate Norwich at 11/10 to score in both halves and William Hill considers them a 13/2 shot to win after going behind.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
Not surprisingly, Betdaq's 8/11 for the fixture to yield more than two goals has been well supported, though Ladbrokes' 6/1, marked in favour of a 1-0 home victory, has found favour amongst punters.
Yet the most popular outcome in the correct score markets is a 2-0 home success, priced at 11/2 by online firm Jaxx.com, odds which account for the tendency for some punters to back both 1-0 and 2-0 Norwich victories.