Canaries such hot favourites
BETTING: As everyone recalls, Norwich's season got off to the worst possible start. Remember their record after three matches - they had managed just three goals and conceded 10, their only point coming from a trip to Exeter where they drew 1-1.
As everyone recalls, Norwich's season got off to the worst possible start. Remember their record after three matches - they had managed just three goals and conceded 10, their only point coming from a trip to Exeter where they drew 1-1.
It's the Grecians' turn to travel to Carrow Road tomorrow, weather permitting, and in the intervening months, what a change there has been in bookies' attitudes towards the Canaries.
Exeter arrive priced as Betdaq's overwhelming 9/1 underdogs. Indeed, even the draw, offered at 7/2 by Totesport, is considered an outside bet, as Norwich kick off as Betfred's 2/5 favourites.
Support for a home victory has been understandably steady, with Stan James chalking 4/5 against the Canaries holding a half-time lead and bet365 rating the chances of them leading 1-0 at the break at a generous-looking 7/4.
You may also want to watch:
In other markets, Victor Chandler offer even money against Norwich retaining their fourth consecutive clean sheet and, as Exeter have managed just three goals in their last six outings, this looks an exceptionally good bet. Meanwhile, Paddy Power price Norwich at 2/7 to open the scoring and Partybets post even money in favour of the Canaries winning when kicking off the second half with a one-goal deficit.
Elsewhere, 888Sport rate Norwich at 11/10 to score in both halves and William Hill considers them a 13/2 shot to win after going behind.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Not surprisingly, Betdaq's 8/11 for the fixture to yield more than two goals has been well supported, though Ladbrokes' 6/1, marked in favour of a 1-0 home victory, has found favour amongst punters.
Yet the most popular outcome in the correct score markets is a 2-0 home success, priced at 11/2 by online firm Jaxx.com, odds which account for the tendency for some punters to back both 1-0 and 2-0 Norwich victories.