Burnham Ramblers 2 Wroxham 2 – Yachtsmen settle for eighth place in Ryman North
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham's hopes of ending their Ryman North campaign on a high were dashed as Bradley Nobbs' injury-time equaliser earned rock-bottom Burnham Ramblers a share of the spoils.
The Yachtsmen made numerous changes to the side that lost to Aveley last weekend – ending their play-off ambitions in the process – with Jack Guyton, Payton Swatman and Jordan King all earning starting berths.
Both sides started with attacking intent, Wroxham's Jack Garrod firing just wide after nine minutes.
Elliot Pride then had to be sharp to deny a Burnham effort four minutes later as the relegated outfit looked to seize the initiative, with Garrod again firing an effort off target after some smart play from Danny Rust and Nathan Stone for Wroxham.
With both teams looking dangerous in the final third, two goals in the space of six minutes gave Stewart Larter's men the lead going into the break.
You may also want to watch:
The first came from Stephen Taylor, the right back finding space in midfield before unleashing a superb 40-yard effort that deceived Sam Tregaskes in goal on 37 minutes, before Garrod finally found his range with a curling effort from 18 yards.
The second half started in cagey fashion, but Burnham got the goal their play deserved on 78 minutes, Lee Pleasance tapping in from close range after some good wing play.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
And as the game ticked into injury time, Nobbs stole a point, the midfielder lashing home to leave the Yachtsmen with a point and an eighth-place finish in the Ryman North table.
Burnham Ramblers: Tregaskes, Boswell, Bird, Keys (Luke 63), Jude, Long, Nobbs, Judd, Stubbs (Burns 57), Anderson, Barker (Pleasance 66). Unused: Belcher
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Rust, Guyton, Howell, Price, Garrod, Swatman (Forshaw 72), Stone, King, Baker (Gordon 80). Unused: Halliday, Hinton