Bungay Town Under-16 lose out but St Benets Under-9 can celebrate

Bungay Town U16 lost 3-0 at Gorleston despite a determined defensive performance. Elliot shot just wide in the early stages, after which Gorleston applied steady pressure to the visitors' goal.

However Bungay were in no mood to concede and if the defence was breached, Charley in goal was in absolutely top form. One goal was ruled out for a foul, and the only goal before the break arrived with a spectacular shot from wide on the right. After that, Gorleston hit the bar and Harry tested the keeper. Gorleston's second came as they broke quickly from a Bungay attack. Bungay could have snatched a goal more than once, with two free-kicks from Callum looking particularly dangerous. Gorleston hit the post, but it was only in the dying minutes that the final goal arrived. For Bungay this was a huge improvement on the performance and result earlier in the season against one of the league's top teams.

• St Benets U9: A big well done on getting promotion to Division Two. Also a big thank you to Gary White, for the sponsorship during the year.

• Halesworth U10 continued their march to promotion with a convincing 5-0 win at Sole Bay. Although the first half was even, the visitors had most of the possession but could not convert the chances they created mainly due to some good goalkeeping. Sole Bay were always dangerous on the break but it took a stroke of good fortune for Halesworth to take the lead just before the break, with a bizarre own goal when the defender tried to clear the ball but instead sliced it into his own net. The second half saw Halesworth take control with chance after chance created. Eventually they broke Sole Bay's resistance with Hayden Ling scoring a quick hat-trick, the pick of which was from a quickly taken corner blasting the ball past the helpless keeper. The impressive Hayden Ling set up a further goal for Josh Clears-Garner, to end a good all round performance and keep the pressure on the top teams in Division Two.

• St Benets Wasps Blacks U10 travelled to Division Two leaders Shrublands in the semi-final of the Shield. Wasps started strongly and it wasn't long before Dylan put them 1-0 up. Wasps kept the pressure on Shrublands allowing Ewan, Tariq, Ryan and Zak to push up from the back to help the midfield, who were creating plenty of chances. In the end the pressure counted when Dylan played in Aidan, who found Kurtis who scored to make it 2-0. Thomas and Lewis were working hard in midfield as Wasps continued to create chances with some great passing football. Just before half-time Wasps fired in several shots for the ball finally to fall to Kurtis, who scored to make it three. Darryl had a good game in goal in the first half, keeping a clean sheet and was replaced by Toby for the second. Wasps seemed to relax and Shrublands pulled a goal back from a free-kick. This woke Wasps up and they created more chances but could not convert. With time running out Shrublands made it 3-2, leaving Wasps to try and keep the ball in their opponents' half for the final minutes to secure their place in the final. MOM: Dylan.

You may also want to watch:

• St Benets Wasps Red U10 played at Cobholm this week on probably the smallest pitch seen this season. Wasps started brighter than the last few games and were pressing Cobholm well. Cobholm were defending well as Wasps' passes were often running out of play. Callum and Ryan were winning most 50-50 balls but the narrow pitch was not helping Myles and Charlie L up front as they had little room to use. From some good passing from Callum and Ryan, the ball was played to Myles wide whose cross was meet by Charlie L but he could not keep his header down. Wasps then took the lead with good play down the left, with Harry making a good overlapping run. Callum played him in to cross and the ball finished in the net for Harry's first goal for the team (well done). Wasps seemed to drop off the pace and sat back with Leo and Ethan coming under pressure from Cobholm long balls. Both did well clearing their lines. From a throw the ball dropped to a Cobholm player who hit a dipping shot that Alfie pushed on to the post, before it came back and hit him before going in to make it 1-1. Harrison was working hard in closing down and soon had a chance with Myles playing a ball that Harrison hit just wide. Wasps played a scrappy second half with players struggling with the size of the pitch as Cobholm were well organised and hard to break down. Ethan, Leo and Harry all defended well with Cobholm not having any clear sights of Alfie's goal. Ryan and Callum worked hard closing down. Myles, Charlie L and Harrison were trying to force mistakes but nothing was going Wasps way. Wasps had a shot from Myles that went wide and also some good throws into the box but no clear chances. Final score 1-1. A draw was a fair result as both teams seem to struggle with the small pitch. Wasps MOM: Ryan.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter